Sunday, September 20, 2009

Two Weeks into Family Fantasy Football

So, it's been a few weeks since I updated my Fantasy Football experience. Here we go...

Fantasy Team Selection (AKA Playground Team Selection) - I don't know if anyone has ever played fantasy sports, but live drafts feel a lot like picking teams on the elementary school playground.

There are tops picks...the ones that EVERYONE wants on their team...the ones that when someone else picks them, there's a collective "aw man!"

As the list dwindles down to the relative unknowns, it becomes more difficult for those who's knowledge extends as far as they can throw a football (trust me, not that far).

To keep the process moving, there are 2 minutes on the clock for each person to make their decision...with 10 people, that is the potential of 20 minutes to decide your next move. Sounds like a lot, right? WRONG! As I try to decide who to pick next, I see player names being selected one after the other...what happened to my 20 minutes?!

Now there's only 2 people in front of me..one person...now it's my turn, and only 3 minutes after my last pick!

Wait, the person before me selected my next player! Ack! What do I do now?! Quick Brenda, make a decision!

The seconds are ticking down just like the clock on the show 24....clanck...clanck...uh, uh, I'll pick TJ Duckett...Phew! Done! (to which I learned after the draft that he was dropped by his team and is not playing this year...Crap...)

I'll be honest, it's a pretty stressful 45-50 minutes...but just as hilarious is the smack talking that occurs on the side (I LOVE my family for that!).

So far, we've had two weeks of games. I lost the first round to my sister, but I beat my cousin this week. I've never been one to watch pro football. But, I've probably watched more pro football the past 2 weeks than I have my whole life combined...I guess it does help if you have someone to cheer for...

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up Brenda. I can picture the whole event! lol! Good luck with the rest of the season. Hey, so what does the winner get anyway? I hope its not just the satisfaction of winning, that would be lame. ;)

    ReplyDelete