Friday, August 7, 2009

My Visit with One Explosive Lady!

My sister and I took a little trip to Mount St. Helens. I've lived in Washington state all my life and I've never been out to see it. So, we took a little visit this week. Mount St. Helens has these lava caves call "Ape Caves". I was kinda hoping these caves were carved out by actual apes, but alas, it was just lava...but just imagine, apes that can do that would have their own reality show! Here are some pictures from the trip!


It wasn't really gonna fall on my head, I was just pretendin' :)

There are 2 paths in the caves...in the upper caves, you have to climb over 27 lava rock piles...note to self: bring a head lamp! The bumps on my head prove how hard it can be to climb with a hand held flashlight.

Here is one such breakdown pile!

You see, this is what happens when you blow your top!

Mount St. Helens with a full moon...that's right, how lucky were we?!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE love love the title of your blog!

    Huttah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly, I thought of you when I came up with it..."machinations" really describes our time together, wouldn't you say?! ;)

    ReplyDelete