Really, I'm still a big kid at heart, especially at Disneyland...I sing all the songs...I clap and cheer during all the shows...I raise my hands and scream on every ride...I get excited when I get to take a picture with a Disney character.
Recently, I spent 3 days at Disneyland and California Adventure with my friend Erica, who hasn't been to a Disney theme park in over 20 years (so really, she's a Disneyland Resort newbie). Taking her allowed me to see the parks through the eyes of someone experiencing it for the second first time.
We went on rides I haven't done in years. We watched kids and parents experience the fun, excitement, and magic that comes from the Happiest Place on Earth. We experienced fun and magic of our own. We started planning our next trip back before our first one had even ended.
However, Disneyland can be expensive, so it's all about getting the most for your money. Here is the breakdown of our trip, in numbers. For those who "marathon" Disneyland like we did, it is a VERY cost-effective trip. Here it is...
# of days at Disneyland Resort: 3
# of hours spent in the parks: 40
# of rides we experienced: 67
# of shows we attended: 9
Our avg wait time: 30 minutes
Longest wait time: 50 minutes
Shortest wait time: 0 minutes
Total hotel costs: $125 per person
Total food costs: $100 per person
Total airfare: $130 RT
Cost of 3 day pass: $149
Total cost of the trip: $525 per person*
(*Including airfare, hotel, tickets, food, and shuttle for 4 days total in CA)
Disney cost per hour of fun: $3.75**
(**Based on cost of 3 day pass and # of hours at the park)
Now, isn't Disneyland worth $3.75 an hour???
Here are some pictures below from our trip (just to inspire your own vacation):
Ummm...doesn't the height difference seem a bit unfair? Sweep the leg! I guess the "force is strong with this one" :)
REALLY look at this picture...tell me if you can see the Haunted Mansion ghost that followed me to the castle (look at the feet on the ground and the missing body)












"this chamber has NO windows and NO doors!"
ReplyDeletecan we go back? i miss it already :)
Awh, I miss it too! *sigh* I'm glad you guys had a great time :) I love that you broke down the cost of your trip - very OCD :P
ReplyDelete